Monday, October 15, 2007

Its been a long while again. So sorry for the delay!

Lincoln is coming home in a few weeks. October 26th which is his EDD. He is getting big and doing so well. He is still on O2 but is eating like a champ. Breastfeeding isnt going well but he is still getting my milk and all his feeds by mouth. He really could come home in a week or so but they are trying to wean him off of O2 before he comes home.

Pierce is still a long ways from coming home. He had his 3rd belly surgery, a heart cath, and is now on nitric Oxide to help with his BPD. His lungs are terrible. They have brought up the idea of a trach which scares me so much. I never thought I would have to deal with that. The only problem is his size. He isnt growing well due to his inability to digest and having NEC. We are waiting for NEC to completely go away before thinking more about the trach. I really dont want to have to trach him but if thats what it takes to get him home then we will go ahead with it. We already know he will get a g tube but his belly has to heal so he can grow. He is 2lbs9oz now and on the Jet ventilator. He has had several PIE's which is why they are keeping him on the Jet! He also has pulmonary hypertension which is causing some problems.

Until Next time

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am so happy that you did an update!!!! I check in here all the time hoping to find some news.

That is wonderful news about Lincoln coming home soon!!! And so happy to hear that he is eating and growing well.

Sounds like Pierce has really had a tough go at things. He is still here and holding on so that is all that matters! What a tough little guy. It always amazes me how much strength these little guys have!!

I hope you don't have to go the route of the trach either, but I am sure when the time comes your mommy instinct will kick in and tell you what to do!