Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pierce had His NEC surgery

Pierce has been having problems with his belly being swollen and discolored, blood in his stool, and all that fun stuff. We knew he would be needing surgery this week but it was more of an emergency surgery because it was scheduled for today but in order to save his life it needed to be done then. It took alot longer than they had thought but the drs informed us it could take longer than anticipated. Once they started surgery they found that more of his intestine was dead than they had thought, and he had 2 perforations in his bowel. They repaired it, did an ostomy, with his large intestine/colon, which basically makes an artificial anal opening in his belly to remove waste. Once he was out of surgery he went to recovery where I was still not allowed to see him. I was scared because he wasnt waking up, so they let me go in and see him. I tried so hard not to cry by him, then I went back out and to the NICU to visit with Lincoln. Lincoln isnt doing well either. He has an infection that set him back some.

Thats all I have time to update for today, maybe some more tonight!
~Aimee

No comments: