Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Surgery and some on Lincoln

Mr. P had surgery this morning. There was 8cm of dead intestine. So all together he has lost 13cm of his small intestine. It was more than we expected but we are so lucky that we have the drs we have for him. They have been proactive with his treatment and have caught every infection rather quickly. This morning his belly was really swollen so I knew he really had more dead intestine. He is doing ok now and he is getting so close to getting rid of the stupid oscillator. It is a pain and I hate it. Now we just have to hope he heals nicely and can start on feeds soon. He wont be getting breastmilk, and i have been really upset over that but I have come to realize dh and I are doing the best for him. Hopefully down the road sometime he will get my milk.

Mr. L has been doing good. Sometimes I feel like he is left out because he doesnt have half the problems Pierce has had. He is still on the vent, his lungs are very wet and scared, so it might be awhile until he comes off of the vent. He is getting quite the personality and I get to Kangaroo him twice a week for up to 2 hours. He doesnt tolerate much holding and the longest we have made it was 45 minutes. But he is getting there. His feeds are up to 11cc and he tolerates them well. He is up to 2lbs14oz already! What a big boy he is.

No comments: