Tuesday, September 4, 2007

He is so close

Lincoln is so close to CPAP! He spent some time on it today after he extubated himself again. The lil dude hates the ventilator so much! The problem is he tires out too quickly. One nurse told us that L is lazy because he clearly can do it if he wanted to. He is requiring 21-35% O2 on low settings and breathes before the vent most of the time, however on CPAP after 20 minutes he struggles. I dont know if he can do it or not but i dont appreciate being told my precious boy is lazy. He does have CLD but the staff is being proactive and trying to get him off the vent this week. The NICU we are at likes babies off the vent as soon as possible and they feel that Lincoln is riding the vent.

Pierce is on the vent doing good. No signs of needing the oscillator again as long as he doesnt have any more major setbacks. His belly looks alot better today and he let me hold him! Tomorrow I can start Kangaroo with him 2 times a week. My boys are growing up. The drs feel that on Friday we will go ahead and try pregestimil instead of neocate. Hopefully he can tolerate feeds and start growing more. He is up to 1lb8.5oz now and 12.5" long.

I am trying to keep this updated more regularly! However it is not always possible with the girls running around like maniacs and long days at the NICU with my lil dudes!

No comments: